This may be useful information to anyone flying into Washington, D.C. for the Reason Rally!Delta Airlines is offering Reason Rally attendees a five percent (5%) discount if you’re traveling from a city that’s not a Delta Hub and a two percent (2%) discount if you’re traveling from a city that is a Delta hub. Delta hubs are Atlanta, Memphis, Salt Lake City, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Detroit, and New York (JFK).The discount is valid for travel between March 20th – 30th, 2012.Fine print: Discounts applicable to U.S./Canada-originating passengers. Contract not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons, or promotional offers. Discount does not apply to fares that are less than $125 one way or $250 round trip.For reservations and ticketing assistance please call 1-800-328-1111 and refer to Account Code: NM87M, The Reason Rally.
***Note***: This press release went out on August 23rd, 2011. A PDF version of it can be downloaded here….Washington, DC – August 23, 2011 – Millions of Americans — roughly 16 percent — consider themselves nonreligious, according to the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS). Whether members of this group refer to themselves as atheists, agnostics, secular humanists, or any of the other descriptive terms used to indicate rejection of belief in God, secularism is on the rise.The Reason Rally, a nationwide celebration sponsored by the top secular organizations in the United States, will be held March 24, 2012, in Washington, DC. With the intent to unify, energize, and embolden secular people nationwide, The Reason Rally is a FREE event that will combat negative stereotypes about nonreligious Americans. Slated to be the largest secular event in world history, the rally will be filled with music, comedy, and addresses by leaders of the secular movement.This event will give secular Americans an opportunity to unite under a banner of reason and community at a level of impact that has never been seen before.A growing list of diverse speakers includes:
- Richard Dawkins, ethologist, evolutionary biologist, and author, The God Delusion
- James Randi, magician, author, lecturer, and amateur archaeologist/astronomer
- PZ Myers, biologist, associate professor at the University of Minnesota, and blogger
- Ronald A. Lindsay, president and CEO, Center for Inquiry
- Todd Stiefel, secular humanist, atheist, activist; vice president, Secular Coalition for America
- Greta Christina, author and writer for AlterNet
- Fred Edwords, president, United Coalition of Reason
- Sean Faircloth, executive director, Secular Coalition for America
- David Silverman, president, American Atheists, Inc.
- Roy Speckhardt, executive director, American Humanist Association
- Jamila Bey, freelance journalist
- Hemant Mehta, author, I Sold My Soul on eBay
Stay up to date with event details, including additional speakers, here. Follow The Reason Rally on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and The Reason Rally blog; for more information, please contact Publicity Director Michelle Blackley at 716-636-4869 Ext. 218 or email@example.com.