Tim Minchin Will Perform at the Reason Rally!

This is exciting news for all of us working behind the scenes, and we hope you’ll feel the same way.

Comedian/Singer Tim Minchin will be performing at the Reason Rally!

Minchin is best known for his 9-minute beat poem “Storm.”

“We are thrilled to have Tim Minchin travel from London to Washington, DC and be a part of the celebration,” Reason Rally organizer David Silverman said. “His presence will not only add a sense of intellect but he will also surely entertain the crowd with his well known antics.”

Comments

1. John Dill says:

I was on the fence, but this tipped me in.

2. Bernie says:

I’m with John – “was thinking about going” has been changed to “is definitely going”. (And, John, loved the fence reference!)

Though I’m not sure that “Storm” is what he’s best known for – not appearing on the Jonathan Ross show (WoodyAllenJesus) probably even tops that :) But let’s not forget Prejudice, Inflatable You, The Pope Song, Thank You God, The Good Book, Fence.. oh crap, I could go on and on.

3. czechreck says:

You guys better send him back in one piece.
    We sent you Lennon, and that all went sideways.

4. Ashley price says:

a bus ride with heathens to meet more heathens and see the most beautiful man ever play for a second time? Now that could be the heaven those saved are talking about!!!

5. bruce Martin says:

Please ask him to do Woody Allen Jesus. I’ll buy my tickets tomorrow!

6. daftkitty says:

Yippee!

7. Cat says:

Oh, YES! Tim Minchin is like sugar on the icing!

8. I had heard briefly of Minchin a few years ago, but I never delved past that. I saw him on the roster of speakers this upcoming March, and I looked into him again. I’ve been stuck on his tracks all week, now. I’m elated that he plans to be there to perform, now. I’ll be saving some money to purchase an album, if he’s got any merchandise there.

9. D. Bunker says:

I have to plead guilty; I’ve not seen him before, but I’m now quite excited to hear even more.

10. Tom says:

He is a must see. Love his work!

Trackbacks

1. […] abuse scandal. Minchin performed the song on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., at the secular Reason Rally in […]